Our school is a community and all those directly connected (staff, volunteers, governors, parents, families and pupils) have an essential role to play in making it safe and secure.
We recognise our statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all our children.
We understand the importance of providing an ethos and environment within school that will help children to be safe and feel safe.
In our school children are respected and encourage to talk openly.
Core safeguarding principles
Our school core safeguarding principles are:
- We are an important part of the wider safeguarding system for children.
- It is our whole school responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of children.
- All children (defined as those up to the age of 18) regardless of age, gender, ability, culture, race, language, religion or sexual identity, have equal rights to protection.
- All children have a right to be heard and to have their wishes and feelings taken into account.
- All our staff understand safe professional practice and adhere to our safeguarding policies.
Information on how to keep children safe online:-
Our designated safeguarding leads are:
- Emma Hickling
- Emma Masters
- Fiona Steer
- Lynsey Sanchez Daviu
- Emma Le Mar (SENCO)
Our nominated governor for safeguarding is Mrs Claire Cakebread.